Anyone can give you a one-size-fits all “transportation” weather package that looks impressive on a tablet or mobile phone. Unfortunately, you cannot always judge a weather image by it’s cover because the real test is whether the content is accurate, precise and fit for your purpose and needs.
TruWeather understands the cost of weather and water behavior on a transportation system is serious business. We also know 20-60 percent of weather’s impact and cost is preventable with a fit-for-purpose weather solution that is meaningful and actionable, easily communicated and consistently acted upon across an organization.
TruWeather Solutions provides comprehensive, one-stop-shop services that can drive better decisions and outcomes to keep the jurisdiction safe, secure and operating efficiently at bridges, tunnels, road networks, airports, marine ports and waterways.
At TruWeather, we believe an assessment is important to uncover the true costs and impact of weather on your agency and citizens, and set the stage for weather risk management and execution improvements.
Client Transportation System Weather Program Assessment: Our weather, marine and operations experts (marine expertise is provided by our partner MetOcean Solutions) will conduct a deep analysis of weather and marine pain points, client operations, workflows, and methods for making weather risk decisions.
The assessment report includes:
- Baseline assessment of how weather impacts people, equipment, infrastructure, and work streams
- Information on how weather information flows across all levels of an organization and is acted upon
- Specific weather pain points for your organization
- Identification of what events cause the most disruption
- Provide knowledge about potential processes and capabilities you can develop and/or acquire to improve the accuracy, precision and use of weather and water intelligence
- Outline specific weather and marine data sources for making decisions
- Provide a framework to ensure streamline and effective weather knowledge communication at all levels of the organization
- Ensure consistent processes and actions across the organization for various weather and water events, expected or unexpected
- Provide recommendations for customized thresholds, by function and work flow, alerting codes and custom messaging to optimize safety and productivity
Transportation System Weather and Water Mitigation, Preparation, Response and Recovery Playbook: This service takes the results of the assessment and works with the organization to build a Weather Risk Management document that can drive management and worker protocols in dealing with various weather risks at different phases of the event.
- Outlines specific authorized weather and marine data sources for making decisions
- Provides a framework to ensure streamline and effective weather knowledge communication at all levels of the organization
- Ensures consistent processes and actions across the organization for various weather and water events, expected or unexpected
- Drives customized thresholds, by function and work flow, alerting codes and custom messaging